Thursday, December 8, 2011

Product Review: That's It Bars


That's It Bars are pretty new to the market, but they are also pretty awesome in their simplicity. They only have two ingredients: apple and whatever other fruit is on the package (apricot, pear, and cherry). They all have around 100 calories and 3g of fiber. They're also gluten-free, vegan, and kosher.

What I like about these especially is that they're like those fruit leather strips I love, but not so compacted, so they make for an actually-filling snack. They;re also pretty big for 100 calories. They remind me a bit of lara bars, which I love but are sometimes too high in cals for the amount you get, but without the nuts.

Just a little photoshop fun :)

My favorite so far is the apricot; oddly my least favorite is the cherry, which is interesting because dried cherries and I have a relationship. Perhaps it's because they aren't suing sour dried cherries, which are by far much tastier (lara uses them in their cherry pie bars). I've never had dried pears before, but the flavor is growing on me.

I've been taking these to work with me and eating them during my evening commute; they do a nice job of tiding me over till dinner. I also found that they make a good pre-workout snack that give you energy without side-aches; I think it's probably due to the sugar/carbs from the fruit.


Someone kept sneaking into my photos...

So give these guys a try. [psst: if you want to order them try amazon because it’s almost always cheaper than grocery stores, and click the box below :^) ]

    images

3 comments:

  1. I hadn't heard of these before. I'm not really a "bar" person, but I like them now and then, especially while traveling. I'll keep an eye out for them. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These sound a lot better than what else is out there in the gluten free bar field.

    ReplyDelete